Recruitment and Expansion Specialist
Position Title: Recruitment and Expansion Specialist
Supervisor: Assistant Executive Director/COO
Purpose: This position is responsible for supporting current chapter recruitment activities and provisional chapter activities. In addition, the position supports developing programming and services to facilitate the creation of new chapters and the reactivation of dormant chapters.
- Responsible for furthering the mission, vision, and values of the Fraternity of Alpha Kappa Lambda by supporting the Fraternity’s expansion efforts and recruitment marketing strategy, tools, and resources
- Responsible for supporting the organization’s expansion efforts, including conducting expansion visits with newly formed interest groups while meeting and cultivating relationships with university officials and interfraternity councils to garner expansion invitations
- Responsible for supporting provisional chapter activities, including the new member process, provisional chapter operations, provisional chapter finances, provisional chapter programming, housing, university relation, and policy violation allegations
- Responsible for providing leadership training, recruitment training and assistance, and educational programming to provisional chapters
- Assist in managing the chartering petition process for all provisional chapters and help organize chartering banquet planning and implementation
- Responsible for developing alumni support prior to and throughout the provisional chapter process
- Must strive to be proficient in the best recruitment and expansion practices and to educate, train, and coach provisional chapter members with that knowledge
- Represent the Fraternity at Alpha Kappa Lambda at national programs and events such as National Conclave and the Clark – Thompson Presidents’ Academy.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Bachelor’s degree required
- A track record of success in student leadership development
- Knowledge and understanding and experience of recruitment strategies
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, customer service skills, organizational, and delegation skills.
- Must be able to make independent decisions while being proficient with time management and project management
- Must be willing to travel to destinations for meetings and events, potentially for extended periods of time.
- Must be willing to work evening and weekend functions as necessary
This is a full-time position with a competitive salary, healthcare, and additional benefits. The salary is based on experience.
Please submit a cover letter articulating your interest and resume. Applications will be accepted until the positions are filled. Please send all application materials to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Contact the National Headquarters at 317-564-8003 with any questions.