For outstanding performance in all categories, this prestigious award is presented to the Fraternity of Alpha Kappa Lambda’s most outstanding chapter in all areas of performance. Consideration of recruitment performance, financial management, campus leadership, risk management, scholarship, and community service are but a few of the areas examined in determining the recipient of AKL’s highest award.
- Clarence E. Brehm Leadership Award
- Created in 1982 in honor of Clarence E. Brehm (Iota ’32). This award is presented to the individual collegiate member who has illustrated superior abilities in leadership. This award is based both on performance within the Fraternity, and participation in campus activities.
- Holmes Award
- Established in 1954, this award is named in honor of Brothers Fred Gooding Holmes (Alpha ’15) and Fred Weber Holmes (Alpha ’38). Each chapter may nominate one senior or recently graduated member for this honor. The member must have graduated within the last six months. It is presented to the member considered to be the Fraternity’s “most outstanding undergraduate member”.
- Henry T. Moon Outstanding Advisor Award
- Renamed in 2015 after Henry T. Moon (Tau ’57) long time advisor to Tau Chapter at Penn. State. This award is given to the individual who consistently fulfills and goes beyond all obligations and duties required of a chapter advisor. This award was originally created to recognize volunteers who rise above the call of duty, and guide the chapter effectively toward fulfilling the Fraternity standards and expectations.
- Athlete of the Year Award
- The recipient is selected from undergraduate members who participate in intercollegiate athletics. The athlete with the most outstanding personal record in his respective sport will be selected.
- Outstanding Campus Activity Award
- This award is presented to the chapter which exemplifies outstanding involvement and activity on campus. Possible examples include campus service projects, musical/theatrical productions, university ambassadors, and other projects which are consistent with the objectives of the Fraternity and the particular host institution where the chapter is located.
- Outstanding Community Service Award
- The award is in recognition of quality, interactive philanthropic programming with the community. This includes both hands-on service and any funds raised. Chapters which illustrate concern for the promotion of human welfare and the surrounding community are eligible for this award.